As winter begins to ebb and the warm spring winds start to blow, many of us are eager to pull out the warm weather attire and put the stuff from fall and winter into storage. While making this move, it is a great time to get some cleaning done. There are a couple of ways to approach this task, and both can be made easier utilizing self storage.
Most people feel dread when they read or hear the term “spring cleaning.” Most of us don’t enjoy doing house work.
Try this one quick idea for doing spring cleaning:
- Gather up those old tubs or boxes sitting in your garage and start going room to room, packing away anything you think you will not need for a while.
- Label each tub or box, so you can easily identify its contents later.
- Take the boxes/tubs and stack them in your self storage unit.
- Vacuum under and behind furniture.
- Clean windows.
DONE! You can tackle the entire house over a weekend with this method!
What is the other method for spring cleaning? If you’d like to do a more thorough cleaning, take a few weeks with the following method.
- Go through the house and get rid of things you no longer need. Make piles. Some will go to someone else. Some will go into the trash. Others will go for recycling. Do a room a day or every other day. Don’t worry about cleaning at this point.
- Go into the closets and storage spots. Pull everything out and clean the space. The only things that go back into the closet is what you need for the coming season. Put the off-season items into boxes or tubs, labeling each. Take these to your self-storage unit.
- Go through your home doing the spring cleaning a bit at a time. You can tackle it room by room. Clean the curtains and drapes. Clean the carpet. Dust everything. Polish the furniture. Clean the windows. You will have clean, fresh home without the off-season items cluttering up your living space.
- When fall arrives, you can pack up your warm weather stuff and put them into storage, after pulling out your cold weather gear.
If you need a storage space, or help deciding what size you might need, or a truck to haul your off season items to your unit, give us a call here at Storage Pros, 919-989-PROS